How to dry out a phone with rice: a complete procedure for drying a phone with rice.
If your phone accidentally falls into water or you were out on a rainy day and your phone became wet, you can dry it out on your own.
Water spoils almost every phone; only a few are water resistant.
If your phone is wet, you can dry out the water by putting it in a rice bag.
Below, I will show you the complete procedure to follow.
All the information provided in this blog post will be very helpful to anyone whose phone got wet. Make sure you read all of them.
If you are finding anything difficult to understand in the passage, I will assist you further if you can identify your problem in the comment section.
Now, let’s begin with the procedure to follow in order to dry out your wet phone in rice.
How to dry out a phone with rice.
Below is the procedure to follow to dry out your wet phone with rice, below is the procedure to follow.
The rice needed here is uncooked rice; do not make use of cooked rice as it will in turn add extra water to the phone.
procedure to follow in order to dry out a phone with rice.
- Fill a container with uncooked rice.
- Remove your phone’s battery and sim card if possible.
- Put the phone in the container.
- Put the battery in the container too.
- Make sure rice covers every part of the phone.
- Keep it in a little temperate area.
- Allow it for at least 48 hours.
- Remove the phone and remove all rice grains that may accumulate in the charging port or SIM card area.
This is the procedure to follow in order to dry out your wet phone with rice.
Many people have been doubting the power of the phone in rice, but many have also testified about the result.
If you’re trying to dry out your wet phone with rice, power the phone off first and don’t turn it on until after about 2 days.
Also, don’t put the phone and the rice in a very temperate area to avoid corrosion spoiling other things in the phone.
If your phone was left in water for too long and doesn’t function again, you can take it to the nearest phone repair shop.
Drying out your phone with rice is just like a first aid treatment. You can take your phone to the nearest phone repair shop if available.
There are other available methods to follow in order to dry out your phone without rice.
Whichever method you want to follow, I will be explaining to you the procedure to follow here.
Check below for a guide on how to use a hydroscopic substance to dry out your phone.
How to dry out your phone without rice.
As I already told you, there are some other available methods for drying out your phone without using rice grain.
Below are some of the available methods and the procedures to follow.
- Using silica gel: You can dry out your wet phone with silica gel, which absorbs all of the water in the phone like rice.
- by blowing air into it: If your phone is wet, it is best to blow air into it to remove the water from any openings.
- Using a speaker vibrator: If there is water in your phone speaker, you can remove it by installing a speaker vibrator from the app store.
Once you install the app and set your phone volume to maximum, on opening and activating the vibration, you will see some water drop out from the opening in your phone speaker area.
With the air blowing method provided above, it is very important to blow out your wet phone with your mouth.
Even before putting the phone in the rice, blowing it will help in removing some of the water from the phone, making the work of the rice easier.
If your phone is left in water for too long or you and your phone have been heavily beaten by rain, the best thing you need to do is to take your phone to the nearest phone repair shop, as wasting much time will result in further damage to your phone.
What you should not do if your phone is wet or falls into water.
I have provided you with the best procedure to follow in order to dry out your wet phone with rice or even without rice.
Below, I will be showing you the safety precautions to follow regarding your wet phone to avoid further damage to the phone.
safety precautions to follow regarding your wet phone.
- Do not put your phone together with the battery in the rice if your phone battery is removable.
- Do not turn on your wet phone, as powering it on will help in spreading the water to every part of the phone.
- Keep the phone in a moderately temperate area to enhance water evaporation and also to avoid water spreading into all parts of the phone.
- Do not place your wet phone in the sun without removing the phone battery.
- Take your phone to the nearest phone repair shop if possible to avoid more damage to your phone. After dropping the phone in water,
Dropped phone in water non removable battery
If your phone dropped in water and the battery is non-removable, depending on how long the phone stayed in the water, you can dry out the water either on your own or by visiting a phone repair shop.
Phone in rice methods are ideal for phones with removable batteries.
If your phone’s battery is non-removable, the best thing you need to do is to visit the nearest phone repair shop for electric heating and drying of the phone.
Keeping the phone for too long may result in swelling of the battery.
Other home methods of drying out a phone still do not work for non-removable battery phones, as the battery will swell and spoil when you leave it for a long time.
To avoid stories like this, always keep your phone out of water.
How long does it take for water to evaporate from a phone?
Many people have been asking this question: how long does it take for a phone to evaporate?
Depending on what you’re doing to enhance the evaporation, a phone will not easily evaporate on its own unless you take an action towards the water.
In the rice method, it normally takes about 48 hours to evaporate, so that is two days.
For phones with the silica gel method, 24 hours is okay.
It all depends on the quantity of water in the phone.
This is how you can dry out your wet phone with rice or even without rice.
If you have any questions concerning this topic, you can ask your questions using the comment section below for further assistance concerning this topic.