Please select your areaPlease select your areaWestern Cape +27Namibia +264
I consent to my information being held by SPAR for the purposes of this competition only
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: SPAR WESTERN CAPE AND NAMIBIA MASTERCHEF COOKWARE PROMOTIONAL GAME
- The promoter is SPAR Group Ltd (“the Promoter”).
- This promotional game is open to all South African and Namibian residents who are 18 years or older, in possession of a valid identity document, except any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
- This promotional game starts on September 19th, 2022, and ends at midnight on Jan 1st, 2023. If you have won a prize in the last week of the game, you will be able to enter your wallet to redeem your prize until the Jan 5th, 2023.
- To play, participants will be required to:
4.1. Visit the SPAR MasterChef promotional game website: SPARwcwin.co.za using their smartphone.
4.2. Select your Area
4.3. Enter a valid mobile phone number with the first zero
4.4. Tick the box: “I accept the terms and conditions”
4.5. Tick the box: “I consent to my information being held by SPAR for the purposes of this competition only”
4.6. Press “PLAY”.
- The participant will win or lose via random attribution:
5.1. If the participant wins Collector Stickers, prizes are accessed via an in-game prize-wallet. To activate the wallet the participant needs to enter their code received via SMS the first time only.
5.2. If the participant wins a Mixing Bowl, prizes are accessed via an in-game prize-wallet. To activate the wallet the participant needs to enter their code received via SMS the first time only.
- Participants must enter in their correct phone number. If a participant wins and has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter will not be able to send the code to access the prize wallet. The phone number can be corrected easily in the menu of the game.
- Participants have 1 chance per day to play.
- The prizes are:
8.1. Up to 300,000 wins of Collector Stickers x5
8.2. Up to 60,000 wins of Collector Stickers x10
8.3. Up to 6,000 wins of Collector Stickers x15
8.4. Up to 500 MasterChef Mixing Bowls
8.5. 30 wins of the grand prize, a SPAR Shopping Voucher with a value of R5.000
- The redemption period for the stickers lasts 4 days after the win. There is a countdown in the Prize Wallet showing the time remaining to redeem. The winner must press “Redeem” on the prize in their Prize Wallet and follow the on-screen instructions and after 24hrs of winning can:
9.1. “Go to a SPAR store in Western Cape or Namibia”
9.2. “When it is your turn at the cashier, please press the “redeem now” button.”
9.3. “You have 5 minutes to show the animated redemption screen to the cashier before you pay so they can give you your stickers.”
9.4. The winner presses OK if in Western Cape or Namibia
9.5. “Show the Cashier your screen before the 5-minute countdown is finished.”
- For the redemption of the Mixing Bowl the winner must press “Redeem” on the prize in their Prize Wallet within 4 days of their win. There is a countdown in the Prize Wallet showing the time remaining to redeem.
10.1. The winner will be required to enter their name and chosen store for the pick-up and tick the box “I consent to my information being held by SPAR for the purposes of this competition only”.
10.2. 24 hours after redemption, the prize can be picked up at the redemption till of the chosen store. The winner will be asked for proof of identity and to sign acknowledgment of receipt.
10.3. The winner must then collect their Mixing Bowl in their chosen store no later than Jan 5th, 2023. (remember that you only have 4 days from winning while the promotion is active to do so). Any prize not taken up for any reason by the end of the Redemption period will be forfeited.
- Each time the participant plays the game, they receive one entry into the random drawing for the Grand Prize.
11.1. The odds of winning the grand prize depend on the number of game plays of the participant.
11.2. There will be three drawings during the campaign period.
11.3. Drawing 1 is after 6 weeks
11.4. Drawing 2 is after 10 weeks
11.5. Drawing 3 is in the last week of the campaign.
11.6. Each time the winners are automatically chosen at random by the system. The more entries a participant has, the bigger the chance to win. All your games played from the beginning till the end of the campaign period (week 1 – week 15) will be considered in each of the 3 prize draws. But you can win only once.
11.7. For the redemption of the Grand Prize the winner will be phoned up by the Promoter to organize getting them their prize.
- Any prize that cannot be successfully sent (for example incorrect number) or any prize that is not redeemed within the period of validity will be considered abandoned by the winner. The Promoter will not be required to take further steps and can re-issue the unclaimed prizes.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for:
13.1. The wrong telephone number being entered
13.2. Any lost or delayed reception of SMS
13.3. The expiration of validity period before redemption
13.4. Taking any additional measures needed to find or identify the winner
13.5. Indemnifying any winner or player
13.6. The satisfaction of the winner with their prize
13.7. The failure of any technical element relating to this promotional competition
- The prize (stickers and Mixing Bowl) will need to be collected at the winner’s closest SPAR, KWIKSPAR, SUPERSPAR or SAVEMOR store in Western Cape region or Namibia.
- A copy of these rules can be found on the following website sparwcwin.co.za throughout the period of the promotional game.
- By ticking the box: “I consent to my information being held by SPAR for the purposes of this competition only” on the sign-up screen the player will consent within the following conditions:
16.1. The SPAR Group Ltd, with its head offices located at 22 Chancery Lane, Pinetown is collecting this information as part of your entry into our competition, and it will be used for this purpose only and disposed of thereafter.
16.2. This information is given to us by you voluntarily and of your own free will.
16.3. If you do not wish to provide us with this information, are unable to do so, or object to it being used, we will be unable to process your entry.
16.4. We may share this information with third parties who are partnered with us in this initiative, for purposes relating to the competition only.
16.5. You have the right to access this information while in our possession and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw your consent given herein at any time and may do so by contacting the Information Officer, via email, at email@example.com. Please note however, that this may result in SPAR no longer being able to accommodate you as a participant to this competition.
16.6. Should you have any complaints about the way in which SPAR is processing your personal information, you can address these concerns with the Information Officer, via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still not satisfied you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Regulator, via email, at complaints.IR@justice.gov.za or email@example.com.
- The SPAR Group LTD (“SPAR”) reserves the right to take pictures with winners of the competition when presented with their prize, and all such pictures will become the property of SPAR. All associated copyright and intellectual property rights associated with the pictures will belong to SPAR, and the pictures can thereafter be used as if they were owned solely by SPAR. By submitting your entry into this competition, you hereby declare your understanding and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Any personal data submitted by you will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation, the Consumer Protection Act and the Promoter’s respective privacy policies.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any personal technical element relating to this promotional competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any winner if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
NOTE: Any attempt to use tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
- No applications from agents, third parties, organized groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- The prizes are not exchangeable for cash.
- The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional game immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in their opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or their agents.
- In the event that the prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
- Neither the Promoter, their agents, their associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
- The random prize allocation is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Participation in the promotional game constitutes acceptance of the promotional game competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.