The Top Hottest Governorates in Egypt:
A Guide to the Country’s Scintillating Landscapes
Egypt, the land of pharaohs and pyramids, is a country known for its rich history, cultural heritage, and breathtaking landscapes. But there’s another aspect of the country that is often overlooked – its searing temperatures. Yes, Egypt can get extremely hot, especially in the summer months. But which governorates are the hottest of all?
The Top Hottest Governorates in Egypt
Here’s a rundown of the top hottest governorates in Egypt:
- Aswan: Located in Upper Egypt, Aswan is known for its scorching heat and breathtaking Nubian culture. The temperature in Aswan can easily reach up to 40°C during the summer months.
- Sohag: Another governorate located in Upper Egypt, Sohag is known for its high temperatures and rich cultural heritage. The average temperature in Sohag is around 37°C in the summer, making it one of the hottest places in Egypt.
- Assiut: Assiut, located in the Nile Valley, is another hot governorate in Egypt. The average temperature in Assiut can reach up to 38°C during the summer months, making it a challenging place to visit in the hot months.
- Qena: Located near Luxor, Qena is known for its beautiful landscapes, rich history, and scorching temperatures. The average temperature in Qena is around 37°C in the summer, making it one of the hottest places in Egypt.
- Minya: Minya, located in the Nile Valley, is another hot governorate in Egypt. The average temperature in Minya is around 36°C in the summer, making it a challenging place to visit in the hot months.
In conclusion, these governorates are the top hottest in Egypt, and visiting them in the summer months may be challenging for some. However, if you’re up for the challenge and don’t mind the heat, these governorates offer a unique cultural experience and breathtaking landscapes that are worth the visit. Just be sure to pack light, stay hydrated, and take breaks in the shade.”
Hottest temperature range in Egypt
The hottest temperature range in Egypt is typically from May to September, with average temperatures ranging from 35°C to 45°C. The temperature can sometimes reach as high as 50°C in some areas.
Temperature in Egypt
The temperature in Egypt varies depending on the season and location. In general, temperatures in the coastal areas are milder compared to the inland regions.
Summer temperatures in Egypt (June to September) can reach up to 40°C to 50°C in some areas, especially in the southern governorates such as Aswan and Sohag. Winter temperatures (December to February) are milder, with average temperatures ranging from 10°C to 20°C in some areas, especially in the northern coastal regions.
The temperature in Cairo, the capital city, ranges from an average high of 30°C in the summer to an average low of 10°C in the winter.