Best Presidents in Nigeria
Top Three Best Presidents Nigeria Has Ever Had
Nigeria, a country with a rich history and diverse cultural heritage, has had its fair share of good and bad leaders. However, in this article, we will be focusing on the top three best Presidents Nigeria has ever had.
Top three presidents Nigeria ever had
These presidents are known for their exceptional leadership skills, integrity, and their contributions to the development and progress of the country.
- Alhaji Shehu Shagari (1979-1983) – Alhaji Shehu Shagari was the first executive president of Nigeria and served from 1979 to 1983. He was elected into office through a free and fair election and was re-elected for a second term. During his tenure, Shagari made remarkable contributions to the country’s economy by implementing policies that encouraged economic growth and stability. He also promoted peace and unity among the diverse ethnic groups in Nigeria.
- Chief Olusegun Obasanjo (1999-2007) – Chief Olusegun Obasanjo is a former military general and the first Nigerian President to have successfully transitioned from military rule to a democratic government. He is credited with restoring the nation’s economy and promoting democracy and good governance. He also played a key role in promoting peace and stability in the West African region, particularly in Liberia and Sierra Leone.
- Goodluck Jonathan (2010-2015) – Goodluck Jonathan served as Nigeria’s President from 2010 to 2015. During his tenure, he implemented several reforms aimed at promoting good governance, strengthening the economy and fighting corruption. He also oversaw the introduction of several programs aimed at improving the living standards of Nigerians, including the implementation of the National Health Insurance Scheme and the School Feeding Program.
In conclusion, these three presidents have left a lasting legacy in Nigeria and have been instrumental in shaping the country’s history and progress. They will always be remembered for their exceptional leadership skills, integrity, and their contributions to the development and progress of Nigeria.
Top three worst president Nigeria ever had
Top Three Worst Presidents Nigeria Has Ever Had
Nigeria has had its fair share of good and bad leaders. In this article, we will be focusing on the top three worst Presidents Nigeria has ever had. These presidents are known for their poor leadership skills, corruption, and their negative impact on the development and progress of the country.
- Sani Abacha (1993-1998) – General Sani Abacha was a military dictator who ruled Nigeria from 1993 until his death in 1998. He is widely regarded as one of the worst presidents in Nigerian history due to his widespread corruption, human rights violations, and disregard for the rule of law. He also mismanaged the country’s economy, leading to a decline in the standard of living for many Nigerians.
- Ibrahim Babangida (1985-1993) – General Ibrahim Babangida was another military dictator who ruled Nigeria from 1985 until 1993. He is best known for annulling the 1993 presidential elections, which was widely regarded as free and fair. He also implemented several economic policies that resulted in widespread poverty and economic decline.
- Goodluck Jonathan (2010-2015) – Goodluck Jonathan served as Nigeria’s President from 2010 to 2015. Despite starting his tenure with a lot of promise, his presidency was marked by widespread corruption, mismanagement of the country’s resources, and a lack of action against terrorism and insurgency in the northern part of the country.
In conclusion, these three presidents have left a negative legacy in Nigeria and have been instrumental in shaping the country’s history in a negative way. They will always be remembered for their poor leadership skills, corruption, and their negative impact on the development and progress of Nigeria.
All the president of Nigeria from 1960 till date
List of All Presidents of Nigeria From 1960 to Date:
- Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe (1960-1963)
- Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (1963-1966)
- Major General Johnson Thomas Umunnakwe Aguiyi-Ironsi (1966)
- General Yakubu Gowon (1966-1975)
- General Murtala Ramat Mohammed (1975-1976)
- General Olusegun Obasanjo (1976-1979)
- Alhaji Shehu Shagari (1979-1983)
- Major General Muhammadu Buhari (1983-1985)
- General Ibrahim Babangida (1985-1993)
- Chief Ernest Shonekan (1993)
- General Sani Abacha (1993-1998)
- General Abdulsalam Abubakar (1998-1999)
- Olusegun Obasanjo (1999-2007)
- Umaru Musa Yar’Adua (2007-2010)
- Goodluck Jonathan (2010-2015)
- Muhammadu Buhari (2015-present)
Note: The above list includes both military and civilian presidents of Nigeria since the country gained independence from Britain in 1960.
List of Colonial Masters of Nigeria From 1914:
- Frederick Lugard (1914-1919)
- Harry Trendley (1919-1922)
- Hugh Clifford (1922-1925)
- Henry Robinson (1925-1931)
- Gerald Houblon (1931-1935)
- Bernard Bourdillon (1935-1943)
- Sir John MacPherson (1943-1948)
- Sir Henry Moore (1948-1954)
- Sir James Robertson (1954-1960)
Note: The above list includes the British colonial governors and administrators who ruled Nigeria from 1914 to 1960 when the country gained independence from Britain.